Consultants hold postgraduate qualifications in SEND and have extensive SEND experience, as well as a wide ranging background in class teaching. As a member of a network of experienced SEND providers in the area, we work in partnership with young people, their families, schools, colleges, universities and workplaces to tailor individual support. SEND Supported offers bespoke training to equip staff with the knowledge and understanding they need to enable young people to make progress.
SEND Supported embraces difference and works flexibly and creatively to develop personalised approaches to learning. We are committed to collaborating with colleagues from education, health and social care, putting the needs of the young person at the heart of what we do.
We can provide schools with an audit of SEND needs to enable you to plan strategically, prioritise pupil needs and deploy resources in the most effective way. We recognise our corporate social responsibility to contribute to the communities we work in and do our best to promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
SEND Supported recognises its responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. In accordance with statutory guidance, we employ a child-centred approach, based on a clear understanding of the needs and views of the children and young people we work with.
What our clients say...
- Leo has always provided experienced, knowledgeable support in helping me to work with pupils with a variety of Special Needs. Leo is full of common sense, has an excellent sense of humour and adults and young people alike warm to her quickly.
- I cannot thank you and Lucy enough for all the help and support you have given me and my family over the past several weeks. Lucy has been so supportive, compassionate and knowledgeable throughout this ordeal, I don't know where we would have been without her.
- Leonie, your passion, expertise, experience and positivity is so refreshing. My SENCo and I are very excited to be working with you.
- Thank you dearly Leo because if it weren't for you I wouldn't be quite who I am today. You're a fantastic teacher and I'll never forget you.
- We can’t thank you enough Jo for all the support you have provided for G over the past five years. You have helped the whole family understand G's needs and so wonderfully celebrated his strengths. Thank you.
- Clair's expertise, her diligence and her confident and supportive manner have provided us with highly professional documentation and sound judgements enabling us to to obtain the appropriate support for our pupils.
- Clair’s support and guidance has enabled me to flourish within my academic studies and development of self-belief.
- Lucy - the NQT autism training was a really useful session and brilliantly presented. It was delivered in a very professional but open and friendly way - thank you Lucy!
- What the team offer is priceless to a family in desperate need of support and guidance, so thank you for being there, for listening and helping us move forward. I know we couldn't have done it without you. Clare & Steve Dolphin
- Leonie, I attended the Bereavement Forum at Myton Hospice yesterday and I found your presentation inspiring. I do not work with children however, I found your knowledge and content of the subject fascinating.
- Fantastic training session from Clair and Lucy. I learnt a lot and have taken away useful strategies for supporting dyslexia and autism. A really informative afternoon – a lot to think about!
- I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Leo. She has been a true guiding light in very murky waters, and she has remained an essential support and warrior for my son's needs. Leo is exceedingly empathetic and understanding, and is unafraid to be a voice for the child. Her expertise is invaluable, as too is her warm and friendly nature.
- George, meeting you inspired me to change my career to help others with autism and SEND. Thank you for all your help over the years.
- Lucy has the child at the centre of her thoughts at all times. She is highly credible - an ultimate professional in every situation and someone that completely understands how life for an autistic child and their family must be.
- To encompass everything George did for my family over the years and what he meant, especially to me was extremely difficult to put into words. I wouldn't be who I am today without his input. Your company and George's memory should be celebrated for what you all do.
- You have done some wonderful work. I have frequently been filled with warmth knowing these vulnerable young people have been supported by such skilled, warm and understanding people.
- Over the past 10 years Bidford School has benefited directly from Clair's excellent work which has enhanced our provision for pupils with SEND. I recommend Clair's work without hesitation.
- Leo has been amazing over the past 12 months. The difference to D and us has been significant. He was miserable and anxious and didn't want to be at school at all. He is now happy and included and his needs are understood - he is once again engaged in school and learning.