Access Arrangements Information
We will help to ensure you are making reasonable adjustments in line with the Equality Act 2010 by:
- Providing ongoing advice about all aspects of access arrangements.
- Liaising with you to establish which pupils require assessments.
- Assessing pupils in order to establish eligibility for extra time or a scribe, and providing evidence towards the need for a reader, in GCSEs, Functional Skills, Level 1, 2 and 3 qualifications, A Levels, BTEC and International Baccalaureate courses as well as other vocational qualifications covered by JCQ.
- Using up to date assessments, approved for access arrangements testing.
- Completing Form 8 Part 2 and giving advice towards the access arrangements which would be appropriate and documented in Form 8 Part 3.
Our specialist Access Arrangements’ assessors:
- Hold either SpLD Assessment Practicing Certificates or a Level 7 qualification in Psychometric Testing in line with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations.
- Have many years’ experience of assessing pupils.
- Receive annual refresher training in order to ensure that they are up to date with changes to the JCQ regulations.
The amount of time needed to assess pupils for access arrangements will vary (often considerably) from pupil to pupil. It is possible to carry out some assessments in a group setting but other assessments need 1:1 work.
A bespoke package will therefore be drawn up to meet your particular needs and the work quoted on that basis. Please contact Clair Cole for further information on enquiries@SENDsupported.com.