Communication and Interaction / Autism
Specialist teachers hold one or more post graduate qualifications in SEND and have extensive experience of working with children and young people with autism and with their schools and families. Send Supported works with schools and families to better understand young people’s underlying communication and interaction barriers to learning. Difficulties may be associated with autism, ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition), AS (Asperger Syndrome), PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) or Communication and Interaction difficulties not otherwise specified. We provide individually tailored support and advice, working with young people, families, teachers, SENCOs and senior leaders to remove the barriers that autism can create both socially and academically. Support can include:
- A range of informal assessment approaches – observations of the learner in class, structured conversation with the learner, teaching staff and families.
- Direct work with a learner to find out their views and wishes.
- Screening of a learner’s sensory processing characteristics, with advice and guidance.
- Support to carry out a sensory environmental audit of learning environments, with advice and guidance.
- Advice on setting up and resourcing autism-friendly learning environments.
- Support for pupils who experience high levels of anxiety.
- Meetings with schools and families to plan provision.
- Access to some free transition support.
- Attendance at termly and annual reviews.
- Attendance at school-led, parent groups.
- Training for teachers and teaching assistants around the delivery of specific interventions or to raise awareness and understanding of autism and its impact on learning.
PRICING STRUCTURE 2023-2024
PRICING STRUCTURE 2022-2023
COMMUNICATION AND INTERACTION ASSESSMENT 2023-2024
COMMUNICATION AND INTERACTION ASSESSMENT 2022-2023