Social Emotional Mental Health Assessment
Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Assessments provide a preliminary assessment of a pupil’s progress in relation to their SEMH needs in school. The assessment takes an holistic approach and recognises that behaviour is often a communication of an underlying, unattended need or difficulty which is creating a barrier to learning.
Social Emotional and Mental Health Assessments are carried out by a Specialist Teacher who has experience of supporting schools to work with students with a wide range of social emotional and mental health needs.
Assessments will include some, or all of the following, as appropriate:
- Discussion with SENCo and/or other key members of staff
- Brief school based observation in structured and unstructured environments.
- Use of assessment tools.
- Questionnaire or discussion with parent/carers.
- Written summary with advice and guidance.
- Meeting to feed back to parents and/or staff.
- Discussion with school within one term to review progress towards recommended outcomes.
Costs: From 1st April 2022
- Basic cost
Standard Rate: £573.50
School Partnership Rate: £463.00
- VAT at 20%
Standard Rate: £114.70
School Partnership Rate: £92.60
- TOTAL including VAT
Standard Rate: £688.20
School Partnership Rate: £555.60